Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New idea

Let me start this blog with an idea I had. President Obama will be listening to advisers, lobbyists, diplomats and all the things presidents have to address. I wonder if he will ever think, what would the American people want me to do? Would he ever like to just ask the American people what they think? I'd like to see an online forum where President Obama could ask what the American people think of a difficult issue. It could also serve as a place where the public could become more familiar with the issues and there effects. I believe the peoples education of government affairs is severely lacking and very important. I hear people debate political issues but very few understand what they're debating. An argument defined is when one person or both don't know the facts. If I'm to vote on something I want to understand the facts. I once heard a politician said "Thank god for the naive public". The government is supposed to represent the people, not manipulate the people. I could be go off on a tangent so I'll end this by saying I believe President Obama truly feels he wants to represent the people. I'd like to see a way we the people could become more involved and educated. Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment